Are you the type of person that others trust easily? Are you naturally great at starting conversations with people in any environment? If so, do you have what it takes to be a Business Development Representative for one of the Best Places to Work in Santa Barbara?
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to help find great clients for our CONNECT services, Lanspeed’s fastest growing line of business. We have worked hard to grow from less than 20 CONNECT clients in 2015 to now serving 40+ businesses in a variety of different industries, including government, education, accounting and more. With so many schools, local governments and medium-sized businesses in need of technology strategy and services, we are on the hunt for a sales professional to help us take things to the next level.
About This Position
The mission of the Business Development Representative is to position our CONNECT services into the community by building relationships with integrity and honesty. Our clients believe in the process and the results that we deliver. Your goal is to create and develop relationships that result in long-term clients. In addition to receiving inbound leads, you need to be comfortable making outbound calls and sending personal emails to CIO/CTO level leaders. You will experience push back, impatience and even rejection from these contacts. You will need to have perseverance and the ability to be an ambassador of Lanspeed. Organizations need CONNECT services to lower overall technology costs and establish consistent results.
- Contacting potential CIO/CTO level leaders to gauge interest in our managed services
- Going through a database of potential and existing one-time clients to see who is still engaged with us and would be a great fit for our services – not everyone is a great fit
- Prioritizing time and opportunities based on the biggest impact for the business
- Cold-calling ideal clients
- Keeping updated notes, time entries and sales opportunities in ConnectWise, our CRM database
- Making daily updates to the sales playbook
- Setting goals with your supervisor and keeping leaders informed of general activity
- Adhering to the Lanspeed core values and culture
- Being an ambassador for the Lanspeed brand and CONNECT services
- You will not be required to sell Professional Services, project work, technologies, hardware software, etc. without the aid of one of our engineers.
What We’re Looking For:
- Humble and super hungry to grow, learn and achieve goals
- Passionate about the mission of Lanspeed: Leveraging technology to make a meaningful and positive difference in the lives we touch and the organizations we serve
- Strong desire to be a positive influence in the marketplace – a “go-giver”
- Loves interacting with people – building long-term relationships is second nature
- Detail-oriented and can follow disciplined approach to sales (a.k.a. can follow a process)
- Has absolutely zero call reluctance
- Self-motivated and can manage your day/goals with little day-to-day supervision
- Willingness to be coached and to share your ideas with the team
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great at thinking of new ways to generate business
- Manage open opportunities submitted in the sales process
- Has Microsoft Outlook and Excel experience (preferred)
- Technical services industry experience is not required, but can be a huge benefit
- Willingness to travel by car to client locations to conduct in-person meetings and presentations
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- Excellent time entry and attention to detail – benchmark of 94% or above Time Adherence and stay up-to-date with open opportunities (keep weekly past due opportunities to a minimum)
- Maintain daily updates to the sales playbooks – inside and outside sales
- Quarterly Net MRR Gain – help Lanspeed achieve a positive Net New MRR over lost MRR, or churn, through new sales and building strong client and vendor relationships
- Dials per Appointment – benchmark of 87 dials made per first time appointment
- Attend at least one networking event in-person each week (can be a regional community activity or a meeting with an existing client, vendor or partner) – build face-to-face relationships and generate referrals
- High school diploma or equivalent required. 4 year college degree preferred.
- Technical support industry experience not required, but a bonus.
- May have to sit for long periods of time working on the computer.
Required to have your own reliable transportation for travel to and from client locations for appointmentsOther Things You Should Know:
Our interview process is more involved and thorough than you might think it will be. But don’t let that scare you. Our process helps to make sure we find you the best seat on this bus!