At Lanspeed, we have the opportunity to work with the coolest technology and the best people. The number one feedback we receive from our team is that our culture and the people are what make this a great place to work!
We are looking for a Support Engineer to help serve our Lanspeed CONNECT clients, our fastest growing line of business. You will help support 40+ businesses that operate on a variety of different systems, including Azure, Windows, Datto, Sophos, Cisco, MAC and Aruba solutions.
Our engineering team consists of dynamic individuals who are both humble and hungry to learn. The team builds strong relationships with our clients by treating them with respect and having integrity.
This is where you come in. The Support Engineer truly serves our client base by providing awesome enterprise-level support on the front line of our support team via service tickets, email communication, over the phone and in person. Our clients will look to you as an expert they can trust. You will have tremendous opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge in new areas and technologies.
Other than participating in our weekly on-call rotation and providing rare after-hours support, you won’t be expected to work overtime. We believe that to enjoy our work, we need to work hard and then disconnect to recharge. Does the sound of this excite you so far? If so, please continue reading.
What We’re Looking For:
- Humble and hungry to grow and learn – a desire to pursue excellence at what you do
- At least 3-5 years of experience with enterprise-level technologies (domains, Active Directory, routing, firewalls, etc.)
- Problem solver with the ability to process and resolve issues quickly
- Great communicator with the ability to make complicated situations simple and painless
- Excellent customer service skills – someone our clients will freely provide positive feedback to us
- A team player with a coachable mentality
- Excitement to learn about new technologies
- Ability to perform advanced diagnostics on servers/applications/hardware/network systems
- Eagerness to provide first level point of contact by email or phone for all types of service requests
- Willing to travel by car to client locations to provide in-person support
- Utmost reliability in ensuring network security and protecting confidential data
- Must be able to work with a very diverse group of clients in a non-judgmental manner
- Provide front-line technical support for incidents ranging widely in their degree of difficulty.
- Diagnose and solve problems with hardware, software and the core network.
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair hardware, software, printers and virtual machines.
- Client communication: keeping clients informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or status updates.
- Documentation of all client communication and detailed utilization/ time tracking.
- Documentation of client systems and configuration changes through add/change/remove requests.
- Project work to support our Professional Services team, as needed.
- Escalate to the Systems Engineering team, as needed.
- Participate in the after hours on-call rotation.
- Participate in the Lanspeed Annual Technical Training Roadmap to improve and keep technical skills relevant.
- Adhere to the Lanspeed core values and culture.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
- High utilization – benchmark of 76% total utilization (at least 50% client billable utilization). This requires a good work ethic, time management skills and proper record keeping.
- Excellent time entry - benchmark of 94% or above time adherence
- Highly satisfied clients & team members - benchmark of 93 or above net CSAT score
- High school diploma or equivalent required. 4 year college degree preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of working with enterprise-level technologies.
- Experience with Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Office, Office 365, Azure, firewall and wireless technologies.
- Experience supporting TCP/IP, LDAP, HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SQL Server, IIS, Exchange Server, Group Policy, WSUS, LAN, backup/restore services, VMWare/Hyper-V.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting application issues, networking issues, and local and network printer issues.
- Microsoft MCP Certificate or Sophos Certified Engineer preferred.
- May have to sit for long periods of time working on the computer.
- Required to have your own reliable transportation for travel to and from client locations for onsite support.
Other Things You Should Know:
- Our interview process is more involved and thorough than you might think it will be. But don’t let that scare you. Our process helps us make sure we find you the best seat on this bus!